The identification of the board meeting optimization tips is usually carried out by independent consultants of boardrooms, which will be described below.
The Concept of Board Meeting Optimization
Board meeting optimization is the process of identifying an organization’s exposure to the unknown, which implies the availability of complete information about the organization, market, legislation, social, cultural, and political environment of the organization, as well as about its development strategy and operational processes, including information about threats and opportunities to achieve the set goals.
To identify board meeting optimization, a methodological approach is required in order to identify the maximum number of risks to which the organization is exposed in all areas of activity. All possible factors of changes in the organization should be identified.
The board meeting optimization processes of any organization can be classified according to various parameters, for example:
- Strategic – long-term goals of the organization, namely the availability of capital, political risks, changes in legislation, reputation and image, changes in the environment.
- Operational – everyday issues, the solution of which leads to the achievement of strategic goals.
- Financial – control of the organization’s finances, the effect of external factors such as the availability of credit funds, changes in the exchange rate, movement of the interest rate, etc.
- Knowledge and information management – intellectual property, namely control over sources of information.
- Regulatory – compliance with legislation in terms of labor protection, environmental protection, consumer rights, safety, etc.
The Best Board Meeting Director Organization Tips
The board meeting director’s responsibilities and optimization of the meeting:
- Get acquainted with the content of the reports and highlight common elements in them that are interesting for all participants in the section.
- Get acquainted with the program of the section and agree with the secretary of your section and the management of the conference on the selection and sequence of reports.
- Make sure that the participants of the meeting are aware of the place and time of the section meeting and have the program and theses on hand.
- Make sure that the room is ready for the meeting, it is free, it has everything you need for a presentation (chalk, projection equipment, tape for attaching banners, etc.).
- Start the meeting strictly at the time specified by the regulations.
- Clearly formulate at the beginning the topic of the section meeting; announce speakers and the topic of each presentation.
- Maintain discussion within the framework of the issues raised in the reports, do not allow discussion participants and those who ask questions to stray too far from the topic.
- Monitor compliance with the rules, tactfully restricts too talkative participants in the discussion and speakers. In particular, it is necessary to warn the presenters 1-2 minutes before the end of the time allotted to them.
- Support and provoke discussion, paying attention to those elements of reports and speeches that may cause objections. Record for yourself the most interesting discussion questions, possible conclusions, and recommendations on the topics discussed and on the organization of the conference.
- At the end of the meeting, it is advisable for the section chairman to make a short summary of the meeting (no more than 5 minutes), in which it is necessary:
- Speak at the closing plenary session of the conference.
- Edit the minutes of the meeting prepared by the secretary.
- Include in it a short summary (up to 1 page), reflecting the main discussion issues and recommendations of the section, which in general represents the presentation at the section.